How do our estimators create your estimate?
Painting can be described as more of an art than a science; but estimating a cost for a paint job is really more of a science than an art.
We first come into your home, ask a lot of open questions and listen to your answers to find out exactly what work you want to get done and why. We need to know what the motivating factors are for each potential client we interview to help us create a clear scope of work that accurately fulfills the clients’ needs.
Once we know what you need to have done then we can get busy working to create the written quote. We have great estimating software that we use, which makes the estimating exact and seamless for everyone. Our estimators import measurements into I-pads which convert dimensions into production quantities and rates and quickly gives us all a cost that is accurate and fair for all parties .
The steps we take when entering the estimate are:
- Measure the space that will be painted.
- Enter any specific details
- Prep work (pressure wash, sand, prime, etc)
- Drywall work
- Baseboards need painting, doors, etc.
- Each room is entered in separately
- Our estimating software calculates how long each space will take to paint.
- Lastly we bid all our projects on an hourly rate. The software takes the total hours of the job and multiplies our hourly rate and creates the price of your project.
Our estimators will then email you your bid right there in person most of the time. The estimate is very detailed showing exactly what we are going to do. We have our contract in the email which again gives very detailed information of our terms and agreement.
We feel very proud of our estimating process. We feel we are giving you a very accurate, quick, and detailed estimate.