Mike’s Quality Painting Culture
We get asked by clients sometimes “how can we feel comfortable with your painters around our family while they are working in our home.” We know all our painters are trustworthy because we allow them around our family. We trust them. We have the guys over to our house once a week for an early morning breakfast meeting to review and discuss our companies eight points of culture.
In all situations I maintain a positive attitude. I welcome every circumstance as an opportunity to grow and learn. I believe that being positive not only makes me better but makes everyone around me better. I look at circumstances and ask what can I learn from this?
A positive attitude is not about seeing things that are not right and shrugging your shoulders and saying it doesn’t matter and walking away with an insincere smile. A positive attitude is about looking a problem square in the face and finding a solution and not letting circumstances determine how you feel.
On every job I think about safety first. Safety is always more important than customer service, quality or production. I ask myself:
- Am I working safely? Is all my equipment in good working order and am I using it properly and safely.
- Are my team members safe?
- Have I protected my customer’s belongings by moving them carefully and covering them completely?
- Am I in danger of damaging anyone’s property that is in the proximity of my job? Example if I am spraying outside is there a breeze blowing that will send overspray on any cars or buildings that are near-by.
I am responsible for all my actions and outcomes. I own everything that takes place in my work and my life. I don’t blame or make excuses. When things don’t go well I look to myself to see what changes I need to make in myself so I can have better outcomes in the future. I realize that the attitude of ownership is a place of power because I am no longer a victim of any person or circumstance. I am responsible.
I am responsible for the satisfaction of our customers. I know that excellent customer service will turn our customers into raving fans. I follow these strategies to ensure customer satisfaction:
- I am a good listener. I listen carefully to what my customer is saying they want or need.
- I try to accommodate their needs, such as starting in a certain room or area of their home.
- I am a good communicator. I talk to my customers daily so they know the plan to accomplish the work.
- I address any customer concerns quickly. If they point out something I missed or they would like a second coat on I do that work immediately or if that is not possible I make sure and tell the customer when I will complete it.
- I always do what I say I am going to do.
- I always give more than expected.
Quality is our middle name. I am responsible for the quality on every job I am part of. I know that producing quality work will turn our customers into raving fans. Quality means that I put the customer first by listening carefully to what they want; that I always use the best material for the job; that I never cut corners or fail to put a second coat when needed, that I always clean up after myself every night and I never leave my customer in a mess. I am a painting professional and I always do excellent work.
I am a person of integrity. Quality is what I do; integrity is who I am. I always speak the truth. My word is my bond. If I say I will do something you can depend that it will be done. If I realize I will be unable to follow through as promised I notify the people involved as soon as possible. Because I am a person of integrity my customers, and my co-workers trust me.
A team can be described as a group of people who have a common goal, who are interdependent and share responsibility for performance. We work together as a team to achieve the goal of making our customers raving fans.
We accomplish our goal by:
- Putting the team first
- Working together for mutual gain
- Sharing responsibility for every jobs success or failure
- We support each other by always showing up with a positive attitude and ready to work
I am a truly grateful person. I maintain an attitude of gratitude. Thinking about all the things I am grateful for reminds me of the positive things in my life. When I am focused on the positive aspects of my life everything seems to flow better. Gratitude reminds me of what’s important. It’s hard to complain about the little things when I am thankful for my health, my family, my home and my job.
I say thank-you and show appreciation often and in many ways, so that all around me know how much I appreciate everything and everyone I have in my life.
This gives us a chance to discuss specifics on the job and reiterate what matters most to us and our clients.