What Causes Concrete Pitting and How We Can Help
Have you ever noticed those small holes in your concrete? That’s known as “pitting”, and they appear over time, making the concrete look uneven, worn, and even ugly! As concrete ages, cracks and pits will start to appear, no matter how high quality the concrete is or how skillfully it was placed. But there are a few factors that can make it degrade even more quickly.
For example, the mix design for the concrete must be just right for the climate you live in. Improper curing can also affect the lifespan of concrete — if the concrete finisher placed it on a hot day without curing it, too much water may have escaped via evaporation. And weather affects concrete as well, especially the freeze-thaw cycle. When ice and snow accumulate on the concrete at night and then melt during the day, water gets into the cracks of the concrete, and then at night it freezes again and makes these little cracks expand into big problems.
Whether your concrete is falling apart because of age or other reasons, if there’s minor pitting and cracks, it’s just the beginning — it will only get worse at time progresses! So how do you deal with this issue? One solution to do away with concrete pitting, chips, and cracks is to use Penntek concrete coating, expertly installed by the staff at Mike’s Quality Painting in Albuquerque!
There are many benefits to Penntek concrete floor coatings, for example:
- They are strong. We use the Penntek “chip system” of coating, which is made up of three layers: a topcoat, flakes, and a base coat, which makes them four times stronger than an epoxy coating.
- They are safe. Penntek chip system floors are slip resistant to help prevent falls, making them perfect for poolside and garages.
- They are tough. They are chip and peel resistant, and resistant to chemicals, cuts, and UV damage. Penntek coatings are even 100% antimicrobial!
- They are easy on the feet. Unlike concrete, the smooth, glossy surface created by Penntek floor coatings are comfortable to walk and stand on.
- They are stylish. With a variety of colors to choose from, you can match to your personal tastes or the surrounding decor. Not to mention, it’s much nicer to look at than concrete!
If you’re tired of pitted and ugly concrete haunting your home or business, Penntek floor coating is just the solution for you! Mike’s Quality Painting can install your concrete coating in just one day — you can even walk on your concrete less than 6 hours after the coating is applied!
Protect your concrete from further damage and give it an amazing brand new look, by calling Mike’s Quality Painting for expert Penntek coating installation in Albuquerque and Santa Fe!