Using the Right Tools Matters
At Mike’s Quality Painting we feel using good quality tools can make a difference. When rolling a wall we recommend you use a good roller frame. We also recommend purchasing a wool roller cover, instead of buying the throw away rollers. It costs more, but well worth it. There is also more time in cleanup for the wool roller, but once you try it you won’t go back. It can take you four times as long to paint a room with the throw away rollers. The throw away rollers can give you inconsistent layers of paint, lap markers, and possibly built-up ridges of paint.
Professional painters don’t use paint trays. What do we use, you ask? Their secret is a 5 gallon bucket with a special screen that hangs over the edge. Here are a few reasons the bucket ans screen work better.
- It’s easy to move the bucket without spilling.
- The bucket holds more paint. You won’t have to frequently refill a pan.
- You’re less likely to trip over or step in a bucket of paint.
- It’s quicker and easier to load the roller cover with paint from a bucket.
- It’s easy to cover a bucket with a damp cloth to prevent the paint from dying out while you’re taking a lunch break.
Paint brushes go the same way. A high-quality brush can mean a better-looking job with less effort. Because a good-quality brush holds more evenly, you save time and get the results you want. You can have the best technique, but it won’t work with poor-quality equipment. So, the bottom line is simple – use quality tools to have a quality job. When looking for a quality painting contractor in New Mexico, call the repaint specialist at Mike’s Quality Painting where quality is our middle name.